How to make a notepad for your filofax for only 33 cents!

Monday, July 22, 2013

I thought it would be neat to share a fun easy tip I created for my Filofax. I have a personal grey malden named Mrs. Peacock (I love the movie Clue and Yes a lot of us name our Filofax) that I adore. I've had her for four months and still trying to set everything up that works for me. When I first got my malden I realized it did not come with a notepad in the back section. I did a lot of research and found that not everyone puts a notepad in there. Some people place stickers, important papers, etc that they want to keep. For me since the section looked like it was meant for a notepad I set out on a journey to find one!



After I researching all the normal websites, filofaxusa, pensandleather, ebay, etc I noticed that It was going to cost almost $15.00 to buy a notepad and have it shipped. That seemed a bit much for a notepad but since I "thought" I needed it I decided I was going to buy it. 
One day while on a trip to Wal-Mart I was searching through the office supply isle like I normally do and came across a 3 pack scratch pad for $1.00 (Might have been $1.23). I took out my filofax out of my purse  ( I carry it everywhere) and placed it on top of the the back section and it appeared to fit. I was extremely happy to say the least because I was about to order the notepad I found online. 

As soon as I got home and put away my purchases I headed right to my office to "install" my new notepad. Immediately I noticed it was it was less than 1/4 inch too big! I started to get disappointed until a light bulb went off in my head! I took out my exacto knife and my small ruler and cut less than 1/4 inch off each side. 


Then I tried to see if it would fit or needed a little more cutting.....






Worked okay so far but I had to make sure it would go all the way down and not stick up at the top. 



Ta-Dah!! It fit! I was so proud of myself for finding such a great find. LoL. 


Here is the final photo of how I keep it today. I use my Martha Stewart large Avery post it notes over the top to write down my grocery list that way I can easily grab it off and go as I need. The white note pad in the back I use it to write down quick ideas or subtract out our bills during paydays. 

It goes to show you that even though it can cost a lot to get a FiloFax it doesn't mean you have to spend a lot to have the latest and greatest inserts. That's the joy of owning a Filofax. You can do whatever you want with it. You can personalize it to your needs not the needs of others. Thanks to all the great websites out there like Philofaxy you can go and print many great free inserts for your FiloFax and not have to spend a dime on shipping or step out of your house!

Until next time,








7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!! this is a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BeBa Queen! I love giving great budget friendly filo tips! :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent idea. I have a purple personal Malden so I like this idea even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Purple Malden is on my wish list! I love the Malden the best :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent idea. I also have a purple Malden in personal size so this really interested me. Well done for sticking to your search for something that would work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I like the notepad idea.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs