What is a FiloFax?

Saturday, July 13, 2013

I recently discovered "Filofax's'" about six months ago when I saw a post on A Bowl Full of Lemons. Her post and the way she detailed out her Filofax was so amazing. I have been a lover of all office supplies, pens, stationary, etc ever since I could remember. Every year I try a different planner but always end up being disappointed because something is missing. As soon as I saw the post I went right to FiloFaxUsa to order a Filofax but was so disappointed on the price tags! I couldn't see myself spending almost $100 for a planner so sadly I decided not to. 

A month went by and I still found myself thinking about ordering a Filofax but couldn't bring my self to buy one because our budget was so tight. I continued to do more research and watched many you tube videos to try to find a way to purchase one. After a month of selling items on Ebay I saved enough to buy a FiloFax. Let me tell you as soon as I got my Grey Malden in the mail it was like The Angels were singing from Heaven. I've had my Malden "Ms Peacock is her name (I love the movie Clue) for about four months now and I couldn't be happier. 

Since FiloFax are widely becoming popular in America I thought I would do a quick post explaining, What exactly is a Filofax? 


Filofax is a company based out of the UK that was first started in 1921 but became widely popular in the 1980s. Even to this day I've read that some fellow FiloFaxers still have there Filofax from the 80's. Cool Huh!

The reason that a lot of people love Filofax's is because you are able to personalize them in so many different ways. They come in many sizes: A5, Personal (most popular size), Pocket, Mini and Compact. They come in a variety of colors and designs as well. You can buy inserts, you can print them off the internet, or design your own. The options are endless of what you can do. 

With planner's you buy in an office store you are only allowed to use it for one full year normally. After that year is over you throw it away or you save it for viewing another day. With a Filofax you take out your current year inserts and add next years inserts. The investment in a Filofax is well worth the price compared to how many calendars you purchase every year. With the new designs of washi tapes you can now transfer your inserts into an artistic journal that not only helps you keep track of your life but it also lets you archive and view your daily life for looking at later. 

If you are a lover of all things planners, notebooks, binders, etc I cannot explain in enough words how useful and fulfilling it is to have one. If you don't believe me go do the research you're self! :) 




2 comments:

  1. My first filofax was a Malden also but in ochre and I got it almost exactly 6 months ago also. My sister is just now moving out to be on her own for the first time and she's looking to me for organizational guidance with a new filofax she bought. And she thought I was crazy when I showed her mine and told her how much I paid for it. =]
    But I have saved a ton of money since buying it. During a school year I would buy four or five planners on average because I just could not find one that had everything I needed. Until now! I'm never looking back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey,

      I'm sorry it took me so long to reply! I was having trouble learning how to reply. LOL...Very new to blogger if you couldn't tell. :)

      I totally agree. If you think of how much money you have spent on planners, etc of time you could easily buy yourself a filofax! I bought a domino pocket for my sister and fixed it up for her. She just loves it!

      Stay Tune because I'm working on some free print outs for our filofaxes! :)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs