Day-Timer Planner Flavia first look

Sunday, October 27, 2013


Long before I came across a FiloFax (If you're not sure what is a Filofax click here) I have always known about Day-Timer and Franklin Covey planners. Many years ago I bought one but sadly returned it the next day. Too me it felt to cramped. I felt like I wouldn't have room to write and the key rings were always getting in my way. Funny enough many years later I bought another one!

I have been wanting a Blue Finsbury or a blue metropol for awhile now. Since they are both discontinued it's been hard to buy one. Imagine my surprise when I walked into Office Max last month and saw this beautiful blue Flavia Day-Timer! It was love at first sight. I was sold before I even opened it.

The planner it's self was $29.99 at Office Depot. That may seen a bit high for some people but compared to a Filofax that wasn't a lot. I like the fact that the planner came with an Undated Starter Set which includes: Flavia 12 months undated weekly and monthly pages and a section for notes and address/phone director. In Day-timer sizes this planner is Size 4 which is very comparable to FiloFax A5 size. This planner is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. The Filofax A5 planner size is 5 3/4 x 8 1/4 which means they are a little bit wider.

In the front left pocket there is a big vertical slot, 3 credit card slots and a smaller horinzatal pocket. In the back of the planner is one big pocket where the Note pad is held. One pretty good size pen loop and a really cute green today marker with flowers is included as well. The material is a soft faux leather almost. Very smooth and soft to the touch. I've been using this for a month now and it has no marks or signs of wear and tear.

I have to tell you that I have been searching for the last month and I have yet to find this planner on the Day-Timer website or anywhere on the web at all. I went back to the store last week and I saw they had the same planner but in a forest green. Currently I'm not sure if this has been discontinued or not. If I do find out I will update this post at a later point.




Here is my filofax red metopol next to the Day-Timer so you can see the differences in sizes. Right now I mostly use my Day-Timer for all of my blog infomaton and my four photo chanellges I'm currently doing on my Instagram account. They end very soon at the end of October so I will be sure to post all the photos I posted. 


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs