Self Care September Photo Challenge with The Reset Girl

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hello September I am so happy to see you! Please bring me warm apple cider and hot chocolate. Cooler temperatures and changing of the beautiful leaves off the trees. Hay rack rides at the pumpkin patch and speaking of pumpkin I'll take anything flavored with the name Pumpkin in it. Most importantly I must stock up on my favorite Bath and Body works candle, Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut. My favorite scent ever!   

Is it just me or when it's the first of a new month do you always feel like you need to make a change or do something different? I certainly do but nine times out of ten I don't end up following through with that. This month will be different I feel in part to do with a new challenge hosted by Cori @ The Reset Girl


Cori is hosting a different kind of challenge this month called Self Care September. It will be a 30 day photo challenge complete with a daily prompt that you will post on Instagram under #TRGSelfCareChallenge. Each prompt posted will be whatever you interpret that as. There is no right or wrong answer so it's completely up to you on what you feel that word of the day means.  

On a personal level, I have dealt with depression for over 25 years of my life. I can go years without much of a major issue or some days it can be a daily or hourly struggle. As a mom to four children my attention has always been on them and myself "Juli" has always been on the back burner. Last few years everything has become worse for me now including anxiety and I've recently been diagnosed with migraines. The thought of taking some time out like a month to do some "Self Care" might actually be the thing I need because if we don't take care of our self's first then we wont be any good to anyone else. 

To go along with this IG challenge Cori has created some wonderful printables that we can print out and use along with this months challenge. She also will be sending out additional freebies on her blog and a weekly video series about self-care. To view all of these wonderful goodies please click below to check out her blog post: 
http://www.theresetgirlblog.com/self-care-challenge-free-printables/

If you decide to join us please comment below with your IG name so that I can follow along with you :) It's always fun to start a new challenge with a few online buddies. 

Until next time, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs